07 September 2010

Promoting World Health – One Dead Mosquito At A Time

And here I thought I was getting better acclimated to the bountiful mosquito population – not so.  I woke up this morning to find not one... not two... three mosquito bites on my face.  They are not swelling and as of yet not immediately visible, but after 15 days in the Caribbean with no bug bites on my face, one would like to think this was a steadfast trend.  No.

Visited my school attachment today.  Hundreds of bright, cheery students greeted me at 8:30 this morning, and I took it upon myself to visit each of the classrooms for a half-hour or so to observe the faculty and answer some questions I had about the challenges of primary school in St. Kitts.  It went surprisingly well, and I managed to make some new friends and contacts there.

Got some laundry done yesterday, finally, so I'm not wanting for anything right now, excepting perhaps familiar company.  I'll get to join my host family father to choir practice tonight, so that should be an additional positive experience.  I promise I'll get pictures of everyone tonight and post them soon.  The island of St. Christopher (a.k.a. St. Kitts) is beautiful and I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment