01 June 2011

Getting Back

I'm fighting through a bout of sleep deprivation while composing this, but in the interest of trying to start afresh in June with more consistent posts, I'll make an attempt at coherence.

Well, it was a very pleasant trip back to the States. Getting to see everyone was refreshing and rewarding, and the wedding was a joy to behold; best wishes to Meagan and Ryan once again!  I had the pleasure of catching up with old friends from Hiawassee, as well as meeting some new people – in fact, the wedding party itself included a current Peace Corps Volunteer and a soon-to-be PCV.  I also got to see my Marietta friends on Friday night, and we went out for Mexican food and frozen yogurt.  The talk was as animated and technical as ever, much to my delight.  The offshoot of all these trips to Atlanta, however, is that it seemed like every other night I was returning home at 2 or 3 a.m.  I quickly got behind in sleep, and my schedule was further agitated when I had to get up at 5 a.m. on Tuesday to catch the outbound flight from ATL to MIA.  Hence the persistent drowsiness.

On an unrelated note, apparently the Prime Minister of SKN flies commercial.  There we were, boarding a plane at SKB, and who should join our number (presumably following an initial covert security sweep) but Dougie himself.  He took a seat up in business class, and naturally was the first one whisked away by golf cart upon arrival in Miami.   That's the Peace Corps way, you know: rubbing shoulders with foreign heads of state, and all before lunchtime.

I'll try to post a May highlights video if I can, but it will be later than usual (if at all) due to the very busy next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment