21 January 2011

Funnyquote Friday

Last night I visited the Ackee Restaurant, home of Team Trivia on Thursday nights, with my neighbors.  We had a good time, and after all 6 rounds tied for 1st place!  But the big news came when the owner made the announcement that due to the heightened cost of electricity and other expenses associated with the VAT, he would be forced to close that location and move his services into a smaller beach bar on the Southern Peninsula.  This was going to be the last Thursday Night Trivia!  When the patrons expressed their condolences for the decision, he waved them off, citing a clever point of view:

"The way I see it, if I fall on my face, 
it won't be on concrete, it'll be on the sand." 

Maybe I should take something from this idea; I've been trying to deal with at least three new high-stress undertakings this week.  And each one I agreed to on a somewhat spur-of-the-moment fashion, something I don't particularly take to.  Thankfully they're not things that the stress will last past this weekend, but it was still a lot to process in just a week's time.  I think it really helped being able to unwind at the restaurant last night.  But I still have some things to look forward to: a weekend of house chores and a funeral I've been asked to film...

Ophiuchus is a funny word.

Hey check out the new Archive page as well, especially if you're new and need to catch up on previous posts.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the trivia! I went one time to a trivia night, and one of my teammates refused to put away his iPhone. So that was pretty lame. Will the new location of the restaurant be closer to you? and how was the food. I'm a bit sick at the moment, maybe a light case of the flu. I'll be fine though. I think it's almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, iPhone is totally cheating. Unfortunately, the new bar that the owner is opening will be even farther away, but Team Trivia might find a more suitable alternative for weekly get-togethers. We'll have to wait and see. We had some killer fish and chips and a bucket of beer split three ways. So I got my carb fill for the week.

    Sorry to hear you got the flu; hopefully it'll pass quickly and that will be your one spat for the winter.

    ReplyDelete