26 January 2011

Do You See What I See?

I've been meaning to add this themed post for some time now.  Basically, it seeks to take you, the reader, who may not have any personal blogging experience, "backstage."  Obviously, if you are a current PCV with your own blog, this post will be pretty boring to you, so I won't be offended if you check out now.  For everyone else, here we go...


This is what I see when I log in to my Blogger account.  As you can tell, there's a new post up at Vivos Voco, one of the many Volunteer Blogs I am currently following.  Further, including this new post, I can see that I am currently at 69 Blog posts, and I have 17 Googlers following my blog.  Granted, the bottom of this page currently (as of this post) reads 16 followers, which means that one of them is secretly following privately (intrigue!).  I already had this idea for a post some time ago, as I mentioned, so I head over to "Edit Posts" to find and update it.


Here I can peruse the somewhat extensive list of all my previous Blog posts and any I have currently in the works, which right now totals zero, save for this very post which will soon jump to the top upon publishing it.  I can also add/remove tags to current posts without having to navigate to them, and check comments for each one as well.  It's all very convenient.  So I choose "Edit" next to the post entitled, "Do You See What I See?" and begin writing this post.


This is the dialogue entry interface, where I can input all of my thoughts, pictures, video, or artwork.  I am currently editing this very Blog post (ooh, how meta!).  Then, after I'm done editing the post and I want to check up on any pageview stats and milestones, I can just head over to the Stats page, like so:


I spend probably about equal time here, composing posts, and viewing my Blog in its traditional format.  This page alone can tell me (1) all the pageviews for my Blog since inception, by minute, hour, day, week, or month, (2) the most popular posts by pageview, (3) the most common sources of links to this blog from sites that particularly allow this information to be extended to Blogger, and (4) the regions from whence the majority of pageviews originate.  To no one's surprise, the most common countries in this blog's audience are the US, St. Kitts/Nevis, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, and St. Lucia, in that order.  This is all very fascinating to me, and every now and then I stumble across curious gems like this one:


A list of the keywords that were entered into a common search engine immediately before selecting a link to some page in this Blog.  If you don't get why my blog popped up on the last search, double check this post from the recent past.  Anyway, that sure made me chuckle when I saw that.

Well, that's about it.  I hope you enjoyed this tour of the inner-workings of my Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  This month's highlight video should be ready on schedule, and it will probably be appropriately brief – just the way you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment