20 April 2011

My First Top 11

Even while I'm staying busy, I'm soaking up all the enjoyment I can get from being off from school for the past two weeks.  And I suppose that has made me a little bit lazy on my posting, so I apologize for that.  But I'll make it up to you; here is a little bit of humor that I've been working on for a while.

The Top 11...
Signs You've Been A PCV In The Caribbean Too Long

11.   Your White friends have to politely tell you to "turn the soca down."
10.   You're convinced humidity was intended as "nature's ironing board."
9.     Lunch yesterday was conch roti, cookup, and johnny cakes.
8.    You have a preternatural fear of leaving the store with more than two grocery bags.
7.    You're now referred to as, "that clear guy."
6.    Deep down, you hope driving a car is a lot like riding a bicycle...
5.    Your neighbors can't understand you because you dialeck dun get too tick.
4.    Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas without going to the beach.
3.    What's the freezer for, if not for dirty dishes?
2.    You feel the windows without burglar bars are detracting from the room's feng shui.

And the number 1 sign you've been a PCV in the Caribbean too long...

1. The smell of OFF! turns you ON!


Also, I'm pleased to announce another milestone for today: 4,500 pageviews since August '10.  Which, by my calculations, translates to roughly... 12,000 in EC!  (Just kidding.)  Many thanks to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment